Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mag Warriors are Magnificent!


I first saw the Mega Bloks' Mag Warriors line of poseable magnetic action figures at a Target last year. I thought they were cool, but I didn't bother buying any. At the time, I was fascinated with the Xevoz line of poseable figures, and I didn't take the time to actually examine any of the Mag Warriors.

Flash forward to the present, and while browsing for Heroscape stuff at a Walmart, I happened upon a Mag Warriors Dark Portal set clearanced down to $10! Naturally, I picked up the set along with the other clearanced set, Doom's Gate. I took these sets home and discovered that these little guys are very well made, and best of all, they are extremely poseable! I had to get the rest of the figures!

Unfortunately, with at least year since their release, finding any Mag Warriors from the first wave would probably be hard to find in stores. After visiting a couple of stores, I found it to be true. Mega Bloks has moved on to another wave of figures, and for some odd reason, they've repackaged the line to be placed next to the Magnetix building sets. I get the "magnetic" thing, but these are action figures....



In dire need of a "Mental Health Day" from work, I decided to spend the day visiting all the major chain stores and toy stores I could reach within the city to get the new figures as well as any from the first wave. The new waves of single figures were easy to acquire, but the ones from the first release were a bitch to find. I ended up finding all four initial figures at two different Kmarts (the only two in the city).

All I need now to complete my sets are the two figures that come with mounts! I don't know if they've been sold out, or if they haven't been released yet. I may also go back to Kmart and pick up the rest of the first wavers to be used for army building.

8^B

Tags:

No comments: