Monday, October 02, 2006

Heroes Snags A Dedicated Viewer


Last week's premiere of NBC's Heroes wasn't quite as exciting as it was hyped up to be. Maybe the expectations were too high, or (from what I read) maybe because it was really only "half" a premiere (I guess this week's episode would be the second half). In either case, I wasn't "wowed" when I saw it last week, but given that it's comic book show in disguise, I decided to give the show another chance and watched it tonight.

Tonight's episode rocked! The characters were better developed, and the story flowed well. If the premiere was indeed split into two episodes, NBC made a mistake. I'm sure there were many of last week's viewers who are probably no longer watching the show because of the "incomplete" story of last week's episode. That's too bad.

Right now, my favorite characters are Hiro (Super Hiro!) and Mohinder. Hiro is such a supergeek, I can oftentimes relate to the guy (uh oh, geek alarm!). The guy is too funny. And it seems this week, there's more to his powers than just 'portin. As for Mohinder, he has no powers (at least not yet), but I like the character. I can see him being the Professor X of the group if/when they are assembled.

I'm glad I stuck around for the second episode, as it has me looking forward to Monday nights at 9pm. That reminds me, isn't 24 (the 6th season coming this Janurary) on Monday nights too? Arrrgh!

8^B


Tags:

No comments: