Monday, August 28, 2006

New HeroScape Sightings


For a game that promotes its non-collectibility factor, HeroScape's figures and terrain sets are certainly very hard to find. Whether its Hasbro's spotty distribution, or simply the game's popularity, yiou're lucky if you can walk into a Walmart or a Target and find these sets on the shelves. I was lucky last week to find a boatload of new (and old) stuff!

At my nearby Target, I was able find all sorts of Wave 5 figure sets. Also on the shelves are the Thaelenk Tundra terrain sets and the Raknar's Vision: Heroes of Lindesfarme figure sets. I picked up the Tundra set (I'm a sucker for terrain sets), and will return later to pick up the figures (if they're still there).

At the nearest Walmart, they didn't have any of the new sets, but they did restock on Wave 1 figures galore! I was never able to get the Heroes of Bleakwoode figure set, and I was not going to pass up this opportunity, and got two of these. I also got two sets each of the Grut Orcs and the IX Roman Legion, a set of Snipers and Vipers, and a Heroes of Laur set. What was even cooler was The Road to the Forgotten Forest was clearanced at $15.00 a pop! I got all of this and placed them on layaway (except for the three RTFF), since my wife would kill me if she saw me walk into the house with all of this shit.

There were no castle set at either location (cry), but the Walmart had the ID sticker on the shelf, so it's coming. As much as I hate Wally World, I'll have to stake out the store for those castle sets...

8^B


Tags:

No comments: