Thursday, August 24, 2006

All Quiet on the Pirates Front?


Yeah, its been several weeks since I last posted Pirates stuff on the blog. Am I no longer playing the game? Have I lost interest? On the contrary; I've actually been pretty busy when it comes to Pirates. So what have I been doing Pirates related?

Data entry: As you may know, I'm writing a quick and dirty database for my Pirates cards. At the moment, I am populating the database with card entries. I haven't completed the inventory portion yet, I'm just entering all of the info on ships, crew, and treasure based on the cards that I have (about three long card boxes worth).

Modular gaming board: My interest in creating modular gaming boards goes back before Pirates, back to when I used to collect and play Warhammer Fantasy. Once I got out of that hobby (it's just too damn expensive), the idea to create modular gaming boards dropped out of mind. It wasn't until I was recently browsing through some gaming terrain websites that the concept of creating a modular game board for Pirates came to mind. Why not? I asked myself. So, I've spent the last couple of weeks brainstorming, designing, and gathering materials for my new "project". I'll keep you informed with how well (or bad) things go.

8^B


Tags:

No comments: