Monday, November 13, 2006

Guild Wars Nightfall Funnies

I've been spending more time having a blast with Nightfall. The wide open spaces, the heroes, the quests and missions, and the humor. The humor?!? Yup, ArenaNet seem to be a lighthearted bunch of folks (God bless 'em for that!) who like to sprinkle their games with "easter egg" pop culture references or little bits of quirky humor. Part of the fun of playing with the Guild Wars series is finding these little snippets. Here's a few I found this weekend:


I found this Inscription on a focus item and had to salvage it. If you're a fan of the Seinfeld TV series you'll catch this reference.


Another Inscription, it'll be hard to find anyone who doesn't know this reference to the scene between Cuba Gooding Jr. and Tom Cruise from Jerry Maguire.


I received a quest to rescue one of my heroes who was captured by the enemy. I LOL when I read the description for the quest rejection option!


Ok, I wasn't really playing for 12 hours straight (I just left my character logged in while did some real life stuff), but I thought it funny that ArenaNet was concerned enough to remind me how long I could have been playing!


After just being rescued from a hellish prison, what's the first thing Koss wants to do? Go out and get some "perfomance enhancing" elixirs! I love the reject option description.


I can now hear the theme music playing in my head...

I'll post more yuk-yuks when I find them. You're a bunch of goofballs, ArenaNet! :)

8^B

Tags:

No comments: