Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The WTF?!? of the Week: "The Meat" Action Figure


If I had a What the Fuck?!? of the Week, this week's entry would be The Meat Action Figure from the Rocky line of action figures by Jakks Pacific. That's right, folks, they've made a side of beef into an action figure! I can see it now, "Mommy, Mommy! They have The Meat figure! Can I have it, please? I want The Meat!".

Munchkin No. 1 and I were cruising the local KB Toys store this weekend when I ran into this thing. Actually, it was the Rocky logo that first caught my eye, but while going through the figures, I did a literal double-take when I found The Meat. This figure was so "out there", I had to get it.

The Meat has ZERO points of articulation, and it doesn't even have a display stand to hang the carcass. It does comes with a "bloodied" meat jacket for the Paulie figure to wear. Now that I think of it, I guess you can have the Paulie figure hold up the side of beef while the Rocky in Training Gear figure pounds on the slab...

I can see these selling out in specialty shops (for the novelty factor), but clogging the pegs at mass market stores...

8^B

Tag:

No comments: